Chamomile tea is made of dried flowers of sweet chamomile. Chamomile is known for its various medicinal and beauty enhancing properties. There are two types of chamomile herbs- German chamomile which is mostly used to make tea and Roman chamomile which is extensively used to improve skin and hair.
Chamomile tea has 0% caffeine content. The tea is golden in colour and fruity in flavour. Chamomile tea helps fight acne and cleanses the body from within. It also enriches the hair follicles and helps prevent dry scalp which causes dandruff. Chamomile has antispasmodic and mitigating properties in rich sums, which are compelling solutions for stomach and intestinal spasms, ulcers and looseness of the bowels.
Researchers have found anti-cancer chemicals in chamomile tea. It is also helpful for those suffering from insomnia and acts as a natural aid for curing anxiety and depression.
While chamomile tea is considered safe, it has its share of side-effects. It can cause drowsiness and even vomiting if taken in large doses.
Black tea and its benefits:-
Black tea is the most loved beverage in the world as almost 80% of humans consume it on a daily basis. It is made from a plant scientifically known as Camellia sinensis. Its leaves are air-fermented before they are dried, cured and packaged. The level of oxidation gives the tea its unique flavour and colour.
Let us look at the positive effects of black tea on health:-
- Preventive of heart diseases–Black tea helps repair coronary artery dysfunctions in heart patients. It also helps in reducing cholesterol and blood sugar levels. Drinking more than one cup of black tea everyday helps in preventing strokes.
- Strengthens bone density – It prevents diseases like osteoporosis which causes the bones to become fragile. People who drink black tea regularly are less prone to arthritis due to the phytochemicals found in this beverage.
- Treats nervous disorders –Black tea also helps to prevent neurogenerative disorders in humans like Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s.
- Improves digestion –Black tea is rich in chemicals that have a relaxing effect on the digestive system of the body. As tea is anti-inflammatory, it also helps to cure digestive disorders and ulcers.
- Lowers risk of diabetes – The bioactive compounds in black tea are polyphenols reduce the risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Anti-bacterial properties – Black tea has anti-bacterial properties that reduce the risk of bacterial infections.
- Stress reliever – Black tea reduces the production of stress hormones. Also, the amino acid promotes relaxation which often helps in dealing with mental disorders.
- Boosts immunity – Black tea strengthens the immune system and prevents DNA damage.
- Increases energy – Black tea is rich in caffeine which enhances blood flow to the brain and stimulates metabolism, thus increasing energy. This caffeine also helps in soothing headaches.
- Helps in weight loss – Adequate diet and exercise along with consumption of black tea helps in weight loss. It lowers triglyceride levels and visceral fats thus helping one shed those extra kilos.
Skin care benefits of black tea:-
- Black tea is rich in antioxidants which help rejuvenate the skin, thus making the skin glow.
- Black tea also provides cure for dry skin as it adds moisture to the skin and keeps it supple.
- The anti-aging property of black tea is well-known. It relieves the skin of withered look which in turn makes people look younger.
- This beverage is effective against acne due to its anti-inflammatory property. It also helps in getting rid of dark spots and whitens the skin.
- Black tea reduces the risk of non-melanoma skin cancers.
- UV rays can be really harsh to the skin and prolonged exposure to the sun can cause pigmentation. Black tea is effective in protecting the skin against these harmful radiations as its polyphenols have photoprotective effect.
Black tea involved in hair care:-
- Caffeine present in black tea blocks the hormone responsible for hair loss.
- Drinking black tea everyday can promote hair growth while slowing down hair fall.
- Washing hair with black tea results in soft and shiny hair.
- Black tea can also be used to colour grey hairs as it works as a natural dye which also makes the hair very healthy.
- It can also help in getting rid of dandruff.
Here are the steps to prepare black tea:-
Step 1: Bring fresh water to rolling or boil
Step 2: Measure the tea leaves
Step 3: Pour 2 to 3 grams of tea leaves for every 180 ml of water
Step 4: Allow it to brew for 5 minutes until you get your desired colour.
Step 5: Strain the tea leaves and add sugar or honey as per desired.
Black tea with lemon:-
Adding lemon while preparing black tea not only adds freshness and flavour to the tea but is also packed with several health perks.
- Lemon is rich in vitamin C, vitamin B6, magnesium, iron and calcium. These properties ensure proper growth and repair of body tissues and strengthen the immune system.
- Lemon when added to black tea boosts the benefits of the beverage. Both black tea and lemon are rich in antioxidants which eliminate the free radicals out of the body and also help prevent many heart-related diseases.
- Black tea with lemon helps prevent absorption of fat in the body. This beverage also has appetite-suppressing properties which reduce food intake. This in turn helps promotes weight loss.
- Both black tea and lemon have Diureticproperties which increase urine output. This helps in eliminating the toxins from the body, thus preventing infections.
- Adding honey to black tea and lemon is the perfect remedy for sore throat. This beverage also acts as a detoxifier by aiding digestion.